Out with the old and in with the new! The beginning of January is the perfect time to do a mini closet cleanse. Nothing major: Spring cleaning is still THE BEST and a few months away. But if you want a quick feel-good project, follow these five steps and your closet will be refreshed with minimal effort.
1. Bye-Bye beat up handbags. Toss out the ones you are never going to use again---those with broken hardware or stretched out handles, marks, rips and scratches.
2. See You Later white T-shirts, white dress shirts and white blouses that are no longer very white. Check for stains under the arms and at the collar--see anything? If yes, then release.
3. So long, stretched out elastic. Work-out gear, pajamas, bathing suits--anything with elastic that is worn out (have you ever heard that horrible cracking sound the really old stuff makes??) goes straight into the recycling bag.
4. Peace out, pilled-beyond-repair sweaters. If you've taken it to the cleaners already and the pills are still there, it's time to let it go. It's done good by you for a long time.
5. Sayonara, shoes that give you blisters. We all have them: shoes and boots that are just so cute but hurt every single time they're worn. Time to say farewell, forgive yourself (we all make mistakes--sometimes this one is expensive) and move forward.
That's it! All done! Well...unless you're ready to shop for replacements :) Here are some suggestions (and they are all on sale). Happy New Year, my friends!